News Detail » Crusaders Win Seaview Cracker 2-1

Crusaders Win Seaview Cracker 2-1

 In an exciting and pulsating Danske Bank Premiership game tonight at Seaview Crusaders defeated Linfield 2-1. In ene to end stuff Crusaders came out fighting and they did not give Linfield a chance to settle. Jordan Forsythe had the first chance of the game but he shot over. Crusaders continued to dominate closing Linfield down and working hard to create chances. Jordan Owens did well in the next attack when he brought the ball down and turned hitting a good shot which Roy Carroll did well to save and clear. Linfield did have a few shots on goal but they didn't test Brian Jensen at all while Crusaders continued to create chance after chance. They where rewarded witha goal on 25 minutes and what a goal it was. Paul Heatley weaved his magic around the edge of the box before passing to Jordan Forsythe who cut back inside and hit an unstoppable shot across Roy Carroll and into the corner of the net to send the home support wild. One nil up and in control Jordan Owens had the ball in the net but it was fairly called off side. Within minutes though it was 2-0 and again an unbelievable goal from Paul Heatley. The tricky winger this time took up a central position and after had heaed a ball on Heats let the ball bounce once before unleashing a looping volley past Roy Carroll who stood no chance. Crusaders. Paul Heatley continued to give the Linfield defence a headache but it was Philip Lowry who next had a shot blocked before Rodney Browns effort when just over. Jordan Owens was unlucky not to make it three for Crusaders when he headed over but at half time Crusaders where well worth their two goal lead.

The second half saw Linfield go out with a half time rollicking in their ears and they responded well creating quite a few early chances that Crusaders dealt with. A combination of Colin Coates and poor finishing kept the game 2-0. Crusaders played there way back into the game but Linfield kept plugging away and Brown and Burns both had good defensive clearances. The game was end to end and both sides played well but defences where on top. Colin Coates again came to Crusaders rescue three times in a row but luck ran out on 71 minutes when Mark Stafford poked home on the line after Crusaders failed to clear and it was 2-1 and game on. Paul Heatley had a shot deflected for a corner and after Roy Carroll punched clear Philip Lowry just could not get a shot away and the chance was gone. Paul Heatley again ran in on goal and again his shot was turned away for a corner which came to nothing. Linfield hit back and Coates was on hand twice more to deny them. Crusaders forced two free kicks as the game neared added time and as the board went up for four added minutes  Linfield pushed foeward but all their efforts came to nothing as the game ended 2-1 and a super win for Crusaders.

So three points and a win over Linfield turned out a good nights work. It lifted Crusaders to second in the table and attention now turns to Saturday and the visit of Ards to Seaview. A great night and evryone in Red & Black went home in top form. 

« Back